Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'M FEELIN LIKE I'M BACK...

My love for blogs probably started in about 2009.  I was in design school and discovering all these new things on the internet (hello polyvore.com, the fashionspot.com and style.com) and had to get a fast fashion fix in between my monthly magazines.

Enter fashion and style blogs... they were the best! I would read a post and feel like I had a convo with a close friendinfashion and would hate when they went too long without posting or gave the dreaded- "Sorry it's been so long, but I've been too busy".. types of posts and vowed when I started my blog I would constantly post and always have fresh and new content- yeah bullshit lol.

Hey I tried, I mean I had the best intentions but life got in the way.  I really started doing more fly things than I originally thought lol.  This is not a letter of defeat, I'm not throwing in a little purple flag (white stains and is boring and typical thanks) I'm just asking my three readers (yes you guys lol) to please bear with me as I continue to try to get this blogging thing right. My very adult ADD won't allow me to ever have a set schedule in anything, but I am going to make a conscous effort to post waaaay more frequently.

 The funny thing is *not funny haha, but funny pecualiar* I actually have like 10 miscellanious adventures waiting to be published, they are just lacking photos and I hate to do any type of writing without the visual sooo as soon as I get that together you will know lol. I just wanted to let you three know whats going on please don't stop reading!

I have a few projects that I am working on at the moment:
  • I styled two seperate photo shoots for an issue of African American Lifestyle Magazine
  • I am facilitating a DIY FashionWorkshop for girl ages 10-17 for the Girls Empowerment Health Summit on December 1. Check out their webite for more info on this fabulous free event: registration for girls summit
  • I am particpating in the upcoming Sole of A Woman Festival
  • I am also participating with the Natural Hair Expo organized by Monica Greene of the natural hair salon  Kinky Curly Straight
  • I'm working on a webshow with online publication Manik Magazine styling plus size women
  • I'm working on a book of poetry (random I know but I was suddenly inspired lol)
  • I'm working as a costumer on a local short film which will hopefully start production soon.
I try to make sure I always stay relevant as much as I can and try to plan things for the upcoming months so that i can have something to look forward to.  I'm a self confessed grindaholic and professional hustler.  If I sit and wait for the next opportunity I will become stale and flavorless like the nasty cheap ass wheat crackers I bought from Save a Lot that one time trying to save a dollar lol. And who wants that?

No comments:

Post a Comment