Monday, July 23, 2012

THROWBACK FASHION/STYLE MUSIC VIDEO: CRUSH ON YOU- LIL KIM

Lil Kim- Crush On You
This video is what did it for me! I loved Lil Kim when she first came out.  Hardcore, explicit, sexy, and she could spit!  I loved her ghetto fabulous style and this video solidified her iconic status to me.  All the colored weaves, the furs, the glasses, the fits and the shoes- it was like sensory overload for me and I remember hitting record on my VCR every time this video came on and playing it repeatedly in my room when I was younger.  When I got older (much older lol) and started to wear purple hair, I consulted this video for styles and inspiration.  I can't say much about her knifed up appearance now, but I was proud she was reppin us brown/dark skinned  girls back in the day. Oh about her clone Nicki?
 Yeah no style, no substance, no shade... carry on.




No comments:

Post a Comment