Sunday, July 29, 2012

FLY PLACES TO SHOP: ILTHY

Yesterday I decided to swing by the grand re-opening ILTHY, a streetwear clothing line located on 53rd and Detroit (5304 Detroit Ave.) in the old WallEye Gallery spot.They were unveiling their summer collection and also hosting an art show.  I was surprised to see a line outside the door, but stood waiting for only a few seconds before gaining entry into the revamped space.  I was greeted by the booming sounds of 90s throwback rap music and guests milling about looking at the original art and admiring the limited edition tees.

A small crowd gathered awaiting entry.

ILTHY supporters threw it up for the camera.

 I didn't realize ILTHY had such a cult following, but the way the kidz were snatching up items and leaving threadbare racks I figured I had better hurry and stake my claim on the cute purple logo tee that I saw on the flyer.  I was thoroughly dissapointed to find out that it wouldn't be available until later in August and decided to see what else I could get and was also pissed to learn that I had missed out on a super exclusive tee featuring an artistic rendition of Tupac eating a donut. : (


Guests and shoppers mingled and purchased exclusive items.

Custom shoes, bags and artwork.
Anyway, it was genius that they had turned this space into a hip retail/street art gallery/workspace  that catered to a very specific underground genre here in Cleveland. I loved the visuals! Besides the tanks and tees, there were  customized sneakers and hats, paintings, digital photography, pop culture referances, remixed pop art renderings, they even had arcade games!

Artistic creations based off popular paintings and sculpture.

This guest was either ready for the camera or he wasn't lol.

The DJ was playing all the right jams.
Loved their visual displays!
Ya'll know this was my fave piece!

I'm so glad I stopped through and hopefully will be able to come back with an interview from one of the owners or creative minds behind the brand. Here is a link to their website and blog: http://ilthy.com/category/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment