Thursday, September 27, 2012

FLY GIRL INTERVIEW: DEBRA B. OF DEBRA'S ARTISTRY

For my very first blog interview I decided to speak (via email) with Cleveland visual artist and business owner, Debra Brown of Debra's Artistry- a web based  art, music and fashion house that focuses on building the careers of talented visual  artists, vocal artists and fashion designers.  Debra's Artistry was started in 2008 and has been going strong every since...

1. How did you come up with the name for your business?
Well, my name is Debra. I thought how could I combine Debra and art together? Artistry means artistic ability and after combining Debra and Artistry, I got Debra's Artistry ( Debra's artistic ability).
 
 
2. Tell me about your business/company?
Debra's Artistry is an art, music, and fashion house. We are currently an online based business that focuses on helping build the careers of talented artist, vocal artist, and fashion designers. We promote and manage talented artist in visual art, vocal arts, and fashion mediums. We are a Cleveland based business.

3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Beautiful, stylish, and intellectual.
 
4. What do you do to relax?
 I'm pretty fond of yoga and of course art therapy.

5. How do you balance work/play/life/relationships?
 I try to be aware of others schedules. My family, friends, and I are very important.

6. Do you have any fave books or TV shows?
My favorite book is "A Million Pieces" by James Fray.  My favorite show is Ugly Betty.

7. Any fave artists, visual or recording?
 My favorite visual artists are Malcolm Brown and Frieda Kahlo. My favorite vocal artists are unlimited but, I'm pretty fond of an artist we are promoting by the name of Taye Tags.

8. Describe your fashion style.
 My style is bo-ho chic with a hint of minimalism.

9. Where do you shop?
I shop everywhere!
 
10. Where do you see yourself or company in 5 yrs?
 I can't actually say. But, I hope somewhere good!
 
Thank you, Debra for participating in the interview and for more information on Debra's Artistry check out their website:  www.debrasartistry.wix.com/da03 and for customer service or to submit portfolios email:  Debrasartistry@gmail.com. Curious about Taye Tags? Add him on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Tayetags1.

No comments:

Post a Comment