Thursday, September 20, 2012

SO COLD IN THE D

I am one of two wardrobe stylists  (wasup Kise boo!) at Design Lab Inc., a fashion co-op founded by Cleveland designer D.Hayes and I love every minute of it.  I meet many models, photographers and other cool people that I normally would probably have no contact with (well who knows Cleveland's fashion industry is small). Anyway, I co-style a lot of the shoots and earlier this summer I got a chance to assist in Detroit's Walk Fashion Show- (which was lightweight ratchet, but only in organization) you can read my post on that situation over here : DesignLabInc216

I just wanted post the personal photos I took that I did not add to the Design Lab blog.  I had a great time! I bonded with my team, Kise and Dee and networked like crazy with all the Detroit participants in the show.  It was a mixture of stores and designers (over 30- yeah you must read that post lol) showing Detroit's hottest looks and D.Hayes showed his Electrik Canary collection, which was sicknen by the way...

I love graffiti! This is in downtown Detroit.

The hustle and bustle of the "D".



Our makeshift clothing rack. #Werkout...
And it did!
The gangs all here! Me, Kise, Dee and Ronnita (thee coldest hairstylist in Cleveland...DOWN!)
I was immediatly drawn to his highly stylized look: the pop of color, the vest with random patches, the gloves, bands and scarf... Of course we had to take a pic!
This is Jeremy, he's a super awesome runway coach, and when I tell you he got those girls together left and right- he was NOT playing!
The fabulous one with the black sequined ahem "blouse" and leopard print fringed scarf is also a designer.  But you knew that.
The models onstage practicing.
Dee perfoming last minute surgery.

Calm before complete chaos...

One lady customized shoes...
And this guy embellished ties.  It was all very interesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment